Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Getting ready for the Season


I don’t know why I’m so surprised every year by how quickly the Christmas season gets here.  As a child it seemed to take forever, each day dragging slower than the next. I wished and prayed that it would speed up and get “here” and in the flash of a few packages and tinsel, it was over.  As an adult it comes and goes so quickly, My daddy always told me “the older you get, the quicker time will pass.”  Perhaps as a child I couldn’t wait for the toys and that’s why it seemed to take so long to get here. And as an adult the stress of getting all the presents and making it to all the Christmas parties stressed me so, that it seemed to fly by and I felt little joy in it. 

Now as a Christian, it runs so quick because I want so much to hang onto it so long.  I have not matured to some spiritual level of understanding and moved beyond the mere mortal realm of presents, wrappings, bows and the like, “I like presents.”  But now in faith I anticipate like a child for the season, because it reminds me of why that precious child was born, to die for my sin.  As an Adult I look forward to sharing the blessings the Lord has brought into my life, and as a believer I look forward to spending it in celebration with my family, Tucapau Baptist. 

Those of us who have been around for at least a few years, love reminiscing on our child hood and trying to recapture those feelings we had way back when.  We want them for our children, grandchildren, and those around us.  Why not start making new memories, new traditions, why not invite your family, friends, and neighbors to church this Season if they don’t have a church home.  Encourage them to make memories and traditions that will last them a lifetime, and why can’t those memories be around God’s Church, God’s People celebrating the birth of the Lord and Savior of the World.

We kicked off our celebration of the Season with our Hanging of the Greens, let us invite all to our Children’s Program Sunday December 9th 6PM, and the Adult Choir program Sunday December 16th 6PM.  What better way is there to slow down and catch your breath in the middle of the season than to take a seat and enjoy the praise of the Savior?

Psalms 77:11-14
11 I shall remember the deeds of the LORD; Surely I will remember Your wonders of old.
12 I will meditate on all Your work And muse on Your deeds.
13 Your way, O God, is holy; What god is great like our God?
14 You are the God who works wonders; You have made known Your strength among the peoples.

Blessings and Merry Christmas,
Pastor Eric
Galatians 2:20

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment